A Proactive Driving School respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information provided by its members, employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, business associates and members of the public. As part of this commitment, A Proactive Driving School has adopted Privacy and Anti-Spam Policies as set out below and has established ten privacy principles to govern its actions as relating to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information based on the Canadian Standard school’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. The following principles and policies apply to A Proactive Driving School. All references herein to “A Proactive Driving School”, “school”, “we”, “us”, “our” and like terms should be interpreted accordingly.
A Proactive Driving School’S PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
The 10 principles governing our actions as relating to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information are as follows:
- Accountability: We are not responsible for maintaining and protecting your personal information under our control, however we will make a reasonable effort to protect your information and to comply with these ten principles. Our Privacy Officer has the responsibility for A Proactive Driving School compliance with these principles.
- Identifying Purposes: Before we collect your personal information, we shall identify the purpose for which the information is being collected.
- Limiting Collection: We shall limit the collection of your personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes which have been identified. We shall collect personal information only by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use and Disclosure: We shall not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law.
- Accuracy: We shall maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: We shall endeavor to protect your personal information using methods that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: We shall make information available concerning the policies and practices that apply to the management of your personal information.
- Individual: Access Upon request to A Proactive Driving School’s Privacy Officer, you shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and you shall be given access to it, except where otherwise provided by law. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Contacting Us: You may address any questions or concerns about our compliance with these principles, our Privacy and Anti-Spam Policies or the use of your personal information to:
A Proactive Driving School’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com or you may write to us at:
Canadian school of Petroleum Landmen
1600, 520 – 5th Avenue SW
Calgary AB T2P 3R7
Protecting Personal Information Online
A Proactive Driving School has developed its websites as a resource for its members, its employees, and non-members. We are committed to providing our visitors with websites that respect personal privacy. Nonetheless we cannot guarantee the adequacy or accuracy of all the steps we have taken to protect personal information.
No data transmitted over the Internet is entirely secure. A Proactive Driving School cannot guarantee that personal information will be protected against interception, loss, misuse, or alteration. A Proactive Driving School does not accept any liability for personal information submitted to us via the Internet, nor for any use or misuse of personal information by anyone who obtains this information, other than a result of direct and intentional dissemination by A Proactive Driving School.
Communicating via the Internet and sending information, products, and services to you by this means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third parties, but A Proactive Driving School does not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market their products and services to you.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example, through email, discussion lists, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Consent to Collection and Use of Information on A Proactive Driving School’s Websites
By using the A Proactive Driving School’s Internet network, you consent to the collection and use of personal information by A Proactive Driving School as specified in this Policy.
Privacy on A Proactive Driving School’s Websites
The following will explain our practices on gathering information from visitors to this site and the uses we make of that information.
- Non-Private Information Collection and Use: When someone visits our websites, the web servers automatically gather information that allows the site to communicate with the visitor’s computer during the visit. Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” (IP address). When a visitor requests a page from any website within the A Proactive Driving School network, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, and to investigate misuse of our network or to cooperate with law enforcement. We also track the number of visits to the site, which parts of the site visitors select and the types of browsers used. We use that information for statistical purposes that help us improve and administer the site. That information does not include personal information that would permit us to identify or locate individual visitors. We do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. This information is used only for internal purposes. Our web servers do not automatically record email addresses of the visitors.
- Dissemination to Third Parties: A Proactive Driving School will disclose personal information and/or an IP address only when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: 1) cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities and conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on A Proactive Driving School; 2) protect and defend the rights or property of the A Proactive Driving School network of sites and related properties, or visitors to the A Proactive Driving School network of sites and related properties; and/or 3) identify persons who may be violating the law, or otherwise misusing the A Proactive Driving School network or its related properties.
- Hyperlinks: The A Proactive Driving School websites contain many hyperlinks to third party websites that A Proactive Driving School does not own or maintain. A Proactive Driving School is not responsible and makes no representations or warranties for the privacy practices or the content of such Third-party websites or portals. A Proactive Driving School does not share any of the individual personal information you provide us with the third parties to which the A Proactive Driving School websites are linked.
- Opt Out/Modify Information: You may remove your personal information so you will not receive future communications, or you may modify your personal information that we have previously gathered by sending a written request, at any time, to the A Proactive Driving School’s Privacy Officer.
In order to be compliant with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, A Proactive Driving School has taken the necessary steps to be compliant with the new anti-spam law, which became effective July 1, 2014. In accordance with the law, the A Proactive Driving School requires the consent of each recipient to receive commercial electronic messages (CEM). An unsubscribe feature is also included in all A Proactive Driving School’s commercial electronic messages. Recipients that have previously consented to receive a CEM may unsubscribe, at any given time, if they no longer wish to receive a CEM from the A Proactive Driving School. All CEM messages sent from the A Proactive Driving School will clearly identify the A Proactive Driving School and the name of the individual sending the CEM.
In order for the A Proactive Driving School to manage the list of recipients that have subscribed or unsubscribed to receive CEM, all CEM will be approved by the appropriate A Proactive Driving School Executive and sent directly from the A Proactive Driving School office. A Proactive Driving School members who do not follow this A Proactive Driving School Anti-Spam Policy will be subject to appropriate action pursuant to the A Proactive Driving School By-Laws – Article 5.1(i) Ethics.
REVISIONS TO THE PRIVACY AND ANTI-SPAM POLICY
If we decide to change our Privacy and Anti-Spam Policy, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Any such changes will be effective immediately.